I'm extremely excited that we matched for Yuletide. I haven't requested any of these fandoms for a year, and one of them is extremely new and shiny! I like all aspects of canon, and am sure to like any story told in these worlds, so have at it.
- All ratings acceptable.
- All Alternate Universes loved in addition to canonical events.
- I'm okay with het, slash, and femslash.
- I like all sorts of fic, ranging from fluffy gen through dark and/or porny (though I haven't signed up for either Yuleporn or Crueltide).
- I have no trigger warnings, and would in fact prefer any depictions of violence--a possibility in all my nominations to an extent--to be dealt with in a realistic manner; I don't freak out easily, so have at it if the story takes you that way; conversely, if you dislike writing sex or violence or violent sex, I'll be as happy with light-hearted banter and shenanigans--also a possibility in all my nominations.
- Mahabharata - Vyasa. Karna, Amba | Shikhandi, Krishna. This is hard to request, because I know anything is vague and unhelpful, but honestly I'd like anything about the three of them. In my head they're roughly the same age, so if you want to run with that, awesome. They're not remotely all on one side, so frosty silences or attempts at persuasion or outright fights could be a thing. Something political would be wonderful, as would a slice of life, or character-explorations, or domestic fluff. Anything, really and truly.
- The Charioteer - Mary Renault. Ralph Lanyon, Alec Deaxcon. Andrew Raynes. As I go on, I find that I like Andrew a lot more than on my first few perusals. I'd really like to see him interacting with Ralph and/or Andrew, in whatever circumstances. Ralph and Alec's relationship at any stage would also be welcome. I ship these three in all combinations, so if you want to write a shippy story I'd love that. I would equally love gen-fic. Future-fic, kid-fic, intensely-researched fic, complete AU, tropey fluff, buckets of angst, gobs and gobs of ketchup: all equally appreciated. Just gimme something about one, two, or all of these three.
- Check Please! (Webcomic). Eric Bittle, Jack Zimmerman, Larissa "Lardo" Duan, Shitty Knight. This is the shiny new fandom, so I'm not up on everything. I've read the canon and jumped into tumblr, and of course Eric's twitter, so feel free to go into any and all of that. I know very little about hockey, but I'm willing to be taught, so if in-game stories are your thing, 'sawsome. If you wanna write about baking, or photography, or art, or an impassioned rant about gender justice, ditto. I just want a slice of college life at Samwell with these four, shipping entirely optional but entirely welcome (I ship them all in various combinations starting at queerplatonic bros all the way up to soulmates) so do your thing and rest assured I'll love it.
- The Iliad - Homer. Achilles, Patroclus, Odysseus, Briseis. Anything! I'd like pre-war, in-war, post-war stories, whatever suits your fancy. I'm okay with gore and violence if that's where you want to go with it, and just as okay with domesticity in a long-term camp. I ship Achilles/Patroclus with great fervour, but I'd also like something about Briseis/Achilles just as much. If you want to bring Patroclus front-and-centre, I'm all for that as well. Culture clashes, claustrophobic cohabitations, late night conversations, battle strategy, nature red in tooth and claw, sylvan childhoods, anything and everything is loved.